Addiction is a serious disease. Whether you’re addicted to drugs, alcohol, or both, the best thing you can do is seek professional help. You can’t quit alone and more importantly, you shouldn’t have to do it alone. One of the best parts about treatment programs is having the support of others who know exactly what you’re going through.
It can also be detrimental to one’s health to quit using drugs or alcohol alone. Certain drug withdrawals can cause serious health complications or can even be fatal. The first step to seeking treatment is establishing if you’ll benefit from it.
Who Needs Addiction Treatment?
There are a few questions you can ask yourself to help determine if you need addiction treatment. If you answer yes to at least one of the questions below, you may want to seek professional help.
- Have you tried unsuccessfully to quit using drugs or alcohol?
- Do you feel like you can’t have fun unless drugs and alcohol are involved?
- Is your drug or alcohol use harming your relationships with friends and family members?
- Have you been messing up at school or at work due to drug and alcohol use?
- Have you ever broken the law to get money for drugs or alcohol?
- Have you been arrested as a result of your addiction?
- Have you ever overdosed?
- Does the idea of running out of drugs or alcohol scare you?
- Have you ever taken one drug to get over the effects of another?
- Have you ever tried a drug without knowing what it is or what it will do just to get high?
- Do you want to stop using drugs or alcohol but don’t know how to?
Addiction manifests in many forms. While the questions above aren’t a definitive yes/no “I need treatment” checklist, it’s a good start to get you to self reflect.
How Can Addiction Treatment Benefit You?
If you do decide to seek treatment, there are several ways it will help you. For many people, going to treatment is actually the only way to enter recovery.
- Detox: Detoxing from drugs or alcohol is very difficult. Detoxing can affect you physically and mentally. Most people who try to quit without the aid of a detox program can’t handle the process and end up using again. If your treatment program requires you to detox, this will be the first step of treatment. There will be medical professionals guiding you every step of the way making you as comfortable as possible.
- One-On-One Therapy: During treatment, you’ll work with a mental health professional on a one-on-one basis. In these sessions, you’ll get to the root of your addiction and find out what led you to become dependent on drugs and alcohol in the first place. When the cause is uncovered, you can work to treat whatever led you to addiction in the first place.
- Group Therapy: During group therapy, you’ll sit with other clients in treatment, listen to their stories, and also share your own. Listening to other people who are in the same situation as you can be very beneficial during your recovery process.
- Family Therapy: It’s not uncommon for addiction to affect your relationships with those you love. If you are going to be successful in your treatment, you’ll need a strong support system when you go home. You can work on resolving your issues with your family and repairing your relationships during family therapy sessions.
- After Care Services: Completing treatment is just the beginning of the recovery process. After care services include sober living, continued therapy, 12-step meetings, etc. These things will help you stay sober when you go home or start a new life post treatment.
What Program Will Work For Me?
The program that will work best for a person depends on them. Everyone’s addiction is different. Some people can be successful in their recovery through an outpatient program, while others need intense 24/7 treatment plans. Different treatment facilities offer different levels of care. Luckily there are trained professionals who can help you determine your course of treatment.
Addiction Treatment Solutions
Addiction Treatment Solutions wants to help you figure out the level of treatment you need to start recovering from your substance abuse. We’re a free addiction treatment placement service designed to help those struggling with addiction find the right treatment program for them.
Addiction Treatment Solutions offers a comprehensive matching service that helps with admissions, transportation assistance, insurance verification, and care management. Everyone is different, and everyone’s addiction is different. Addiction Treatment Solutions will look at you and your addiction as an individual, and help you find the best treatment plan.
We offer treatment placement for detox, residential inpatient treatment, PHP, IOP/OP, and sober living options. If you are ready to take control of your life, give us a call today. We can help you start a new life that is healthy and substance-free.